PTA Open Positions
Please contact Laura Warren (Enrichment@FairmountPTA.org) if you are interested in any of the following positions:
1) Co-PTA Secretary
- To shadow the current secretary throughout the year and learn the duties of the position. Co-Secretary will them become Secretary next year.
2) Learning Landscape Coordinator
- This person(s) will assist with the continued educational procurement of the Learning Landscape vision as well as overseeing the conditions of Fairmount's playground and outdoor areas on a year-round basis.
- Next procurement is additional sun shade structures for the playground area.
3) BBQ Co-Coordinator for 2017
- This person(s) will assist with the September 22, 2017 event to take place at Fairmount Elementary School.
- This effort begins NOW!
- It is a long-standing Fairmount tradition!!
4) Silent Auction Co-Coordinator for 2017
- This person(s) will help coordinate and plan the Fairmount's Favorite Silent Auction event to be held on September 22, 2017.
- This event is a long-standing Fairmount tradition!!
- This fundraising event is the 3rd largest fundraiser for the school.
5) Fairmount Firebird 5k Chase Sponsorship Chair
- Oversees the Sponsorship Committee; contacts prior year sponsors, generates new sponsors, and gathers and distributes necessary information to and from the sponsors. The Fairmount 5K would not happen, nor be such a successful fundraiser, without this position working with our sponsors!
6) Fifth Grade Continuation Committee
Fairmount has a tradition of honoring our 6th Graders with a Continuation Ceremony and Day of Fun at School or Brunch. This school year that honor will be pasted down to the 5th graders as well.This committee needs parents of 5th Graders to help plan the ceremony and celebration. A 5th Grade parent is also needed to Coordinate the event with the help of the committee and 5th grade teachers. Parents of 4th Graders are also needed to help before the ceremony and possibly with brunch. [Estimated time commitment – Spring, times flexible]