PTA Open Positions
Please contact Laura Warren (Enrichment@FairmountPTA.org) if you are interested in any of the following positions:
1) Community BBQ Co-Coordinator
- This person will assist with the planning process for the September 20, 2019 event to take place at Fairmount Elementary School. You will have a committee to help with all decisions that need to be made.
2) Fairmount Firebird 5K Chase Co-Coordinator
- Oversees student art contest, sponsorship, registration, marketing materials, volunteers, and race day logistics.
3) Learning Landscape Coordinator
- This person(s) will assist with the continued educational procurement of the Learning Landscape vision as well as overseeing the conditions of Fairmount's playground and outdoor areas on a year-round basis.
- Next procurement is additional sun shade structures for the playground area.
4) Fundraising Liaison
- This position serves as the liaison between the PTA board and the 3 fundraisers each year. (Silent auction, Fairmount firebird Chase 5k, and the grocery card program.)
- This person helps ensure that the committee chairs of these events have the resources they need to be successful. The fundraising chair also explores ways to help these groups improve and stay current as well as to help decide how to use funds raised by the PTA. This person does not need to serve on these fundraising committees but is always welcome to.
5) Hospitality Co-Coordinator
- The Hospitality Co-Coordinator will shadow the Hospitality Coordinator for the rest of this school year, and then take over as the main Coordinator for next year. The Hospitality Coordinator plans menus and organizes the volunteers to feed teachers dinner multiple nights during parent/teacher conferences and teacher appreciation week. They set up dinners and clean up afterwards on the days we provide meals. We have a lot of families volunteer to bring in food, so the main job is to plan the meals. They also organize a teacher's luncheon the week before school starts.
6) Reflections Coordinator
- Guide the students through the process of entering works of art into the National PTA sponsored art program. It involves creating the publications to generate interest, helping the students prepare their pieces for judging, planning and hosting a celebration of the children’s art and lastly submitting the art to the Jefferson County PTA Art Show.
- Friday, March 29
- Tuesday, April 2
- Friday, April 12
- Friday, April 19
- Sunday, May 5
- Wednesday, May 22
- Thursday, May 23
Click here for our helpful Q&A document to help you get started!
Shopping On Amazon.com?
0.5% OF YOUR AMAZON PURCHASES ARE DONATED BACK TO THE SCHOOL WHILE SHOPPING ON SMILES.AMAZON.COM (FAIRMOUNT ELEM PTA)
Grocery Card Reward Programs
Earn your school $'s while you shop! Simply associate your King Soopers card/Alt ID with Fairmount and you will not only be helping your school but you will be earning credits towards next year's student fees and PTA purchases.
Earn 5% back on all your purchases (groceries and gas) - 2.5% to the PTA and 2.5% to YOU!