We need help!
During the second semester, we get notifications from parents who hold positions that they will be moving on as their kiddos move to middle school. We have many open positions, and these programs will not continue without volunteers. Please consider the open positions below and help us out if you can.
Take a look at our open positions and see if any interest you. Thank you to our 2022-23 coordinators for volunteering your time and talents!
- Co-Treasurer: We are looking for two volunteers to take over the treasurer duties. You would be trained over the rest of 2023 to fully take over the position in the 2023-2024 school year. If you are interested, please email treasurer@fairmountpta.
- Newsletter Coordinator: organize and create the monthly newsletter using the website application within Membership Toolkit. This position will edit and proofread monthly newsletter submissions. Work can be done from home.
- Vice President (Board position): This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who would like to be involved in many ways with our board, parent volunteers, and staff. This role is responsible for advertising and filing any open coordinator positions or PTA board positions via word of mouth, newsletter and website advertising.
- IT Coordinator: Maintain the PTA website, updating the homepage news each month and assisting in the creation of forms and fundraisers online. Work can be done from home.
- Spirit Wear: Coordinate the Fairmount spirit wear selection and ordering process.
- 5th Grade Continuation: Fairmount has a tradition of honoring our 5th Graders with a Continuation Ceremony and Day of Fun at School. This committee needs parents of 5th Graders to help plan the ceremony and celebration.
- 5th Grade Yearbook Baby Pages: Coordinate and design baby pages through LifeTouch and collect all baby page information from parents.
- Yearbook Coordinator: Design the yearbook and pages through LifeTouch.
- Learning Garden Coordinator: Coordinate the care of the learning garden by a committee of volunteers. The garden is planted in the Spring each year and cared for by the committee and classrooms during the school year.
- Sponsorship Committee: contacts prior year sponsors, generates new sponsors, and gathers and distributes necessary information to and from the sponsors.
- Teacher Appreciation: Organize special things for the teachers and staff during Teacher Appreciation Week which is the first week of May.
- Fit Fun Club: This program runs once a month beginning in September for fun-filled fitness. The program is typically before school. Each month we has a new focus: running, yoga, zumba, and strength based exercises to name a few.
- Ink/Electronics Recycling: Involves checking the bin in front lobby occasionally and then sending products off in pre-paid boxes the company sends you a few times a year.
- Mount Vista Co-Coordinator (help with Michelle Henriksen): This position coordinates the gift portion of the 5th Grade visit to Mt Vista, that typically happens on the last day of school prior to winter break.
If you're interested in helping, please email PTA VP Bryttani Watson at vp@fairmountPTA.org for more information.
- Check back soon
Purchase a Yearbook!
New this year, all families will purchase yearbooks directly through Lifetouch! You can order yearbooks at ybpay.com and use the code: 9984823.
Mark your calendars for Friday, April 14 at 6 p.m.!
Dress Rehearsal: April 12
Tryouts: March 15-16
Look for more information on how to sign up for auditions in the Messenger.
Campbell-Deane ScholarshipDo you know a high school senior who went to Fairmount? Please encourage them to apply!
Former Fairmount Elementary School students are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship as high school seniors. This scholarship is available to any high school senior that was enrolled at Fairmount Elementary School for three years or more and has a satisfactory grade standing, citizenship record, and community service experiences. To apply, print the Scholarship Requirements and return your application to Fairmount Elementary School or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 14, 2023.
Mark your calendars! We will run, jog, and walk on Sunday, April 30! More details to come in March.
If you or a Fairmount family you know has financial need for school expenses including participation in enrichment programs, please contact Nancy Eckley from the front office at email@example.com.
Book Drive Coordinator
We are looking for someone to take over in 2024 for the Fairmount Book Drive benefiting our sister school, Lawrence Elementary! The book drive is in early March and requires some marketing prep time. You can shadow this year and take over next. If you are potentially interested, please contact Jess Feaster for more details at jess@feasterrealty.
Before and After School Enrichment
Enrichment Opportunities | New and Continuing Classes:
Talk to the Camera - YouTube class for 2nd- 5th graders
Little Vet class - Puppy part 2 accepts all new or continuing students.
Morning Music is now 1 hour long, from 7:40-8:40am and will have up to 10 spots available for piano, ukulele, theater, and drums (NEW)!
Spanish Learning Network with two morning classes available
Sweet Ridge Art Studios added an older age, grades 2nd-5th studio class in addition to the K-1 class.
Knight School of Chess Club is continuing next semester and has flexible enrollment where you can sign up your child for a 4-week period or continue monthly payments for the whole semester!
STEM/Robotics classes continue and shift to Wonder Robotics for the younger kids and Scratch Coding/Game Design for the older kids.
Popular favorites of pottery, dance, and cooking are all continuing!
Help us when you shop!
Have you signed up for Community Rewards with King Soopers? We also have several partnerships with businesses that generously donate money back to our PTA when you shop.
King Soopers Community Rewards: Please take a screenshot on your King Soopers account and complete the Grocery Card Reward Form (you no longer need to email your screenshot). If you aren't signed up yet, participating is easy and FREE! Click here to learn how or download the flyer.
If you haven't signed up for our Grocery Cards Rewards Program, please do it today! Grandparents, friends, neighbors, and others can sign up too!
Milk Caps for Moo-la!
Not only does Fairmount benefit by receiving 5 cents for every cap we collect, but we save many caps from going to a landfill by returning these to the dairy so they can be recycled.
Learn more about King Soopers, Amazon Smile, Milk Caps for Moo-la programs here.
Discover the Learning Garden
Did you know the Fairmount Learning Garden is always open to the Fairmount community? The start of the school year is a great time to visit the garden. It is thriving as we near the end of our growing season. Students, families, teachers, and staff are always welcome to stop by to pick up ripe fruits and vegetables, dig in the dirt, or just sit and enjoy the beauty of the space. Please stop by and take a look.
The Learning Garden Committee meets 3-4 times in the Fall and the Spring to complete projects in the Garden, discuss plans for improvements, and brainstorm outreach to the classrooms. The committee also cares for 5 Tower Gardens that are rotated in the classrooms throughout the school year. We are always looking for new members to help keep our garden growing. If you have any interest in being a part of this committee, contact Heather Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org. No experience is necessary.
Finally, the Learning Garden Committee has plans for improvements in the Garden over the next year, and installing a larger brick seating area is first on our list. If you or someone you know has experience with this and can either help us complete this project ourselves or recommend a company we can hire, please let us know. We’d love to get this done before winter sets in!
Looking for Teacher Gift Ideas?
If you shop at https://smile.amazon.com/ and select FAIRMOUNT ELEM PTA as your charitable organization, 0.5% of your purchases are donated back to us!
Grocery Card Reward Programs
Register your King Soopers card/Alt ID with Fairmount and you will earn money towards student fees and PTA purchases as well as helping the PTA earn money.